April 14, 2019
Ok, now that you’ve booked your portrait shoot, what should you do to prepare? Every woman asks that, and it can be kind of nerve-racking. There are tons of nerves and emotions leading up to a shoot, and that’s ok! I’m here to help! I wanted to write down some guidelines and suggestions to ease and organize your minds and prepare you for this awesome experience!
1. Don’t be afraid to look great! Wear outfits that you feel AWESOME wearing. If you feel beautiful, you’ll look beautiful! Don’t force yourself into something uncomfortable that you would never normally wear (this goes for Ladies and Gents of all ages!).
2. Don’t be afraid of color. Fun, colorful outfits make your pictures pop! These pictures will reflect you and your lives, so have fun with your style and show us who you are. Just stick in the same color family (jewel tones, pastels, neutrals, etc..); go easy on patterns, stripes, and neons; and look for textural details like lace, sequin, knit, and sheer fabrics. If you’re having trouble deciding, don’t stress! We’ll go over outfit options and ideas with you during your style&design consultation.
3. Make sure you’re ready for hair and makeup. That means arriving with a clean, dry face and clean, dry hair so that our professionals can get you all glammed up for your shoot!
4. Bring a prop. A hat, a jacket, a chair or suitcase…anything that tells us a little bit more of your life. It’s not required, but it will make your portraits that much more personal and meaningful.
5. The more the merrier! Bring extra outfits, accessories—and people! We’ll help you narrow down your outfit options, and there’s nothing like bringing a friend to make the experience itself “extra” too. You’ll be having a blast during your shoot and getting pampered with professional hair and makeup—sharing that experience can only make it even better.
6. Don’t for get about the details! Wear cute shoes! This is just a thing of ours: we love to photograph cute shoes! Unique earrings, scarves, and accessories make for fun layers of textures. (Yes, that means you get to go shopping!)
7. Hands, hands, hands! Don’t let old, chipped nail polish distract from a stunning portrait. This is the perfect excuse for a manicure! We recommend a natural or classic color to finish off your look.
8. Let us know what you’re thinking before your shoot! Worried about something in particular? Have a part of yourself you’re still learning to love? Have a particular “look” in mind for your portraits? Let us know! We want your portraits to show you off while you’re looking and feeling your best, so let us know in advance if there’s something extra we can do to make that happen!