September 22, 2022
Ok, now that you’ve booked your portrait shoot, what should you do to prepare? Every woman asks that, and it can be kind of nerve-racking. There are tons of nerves and emotions leading up to a shoot, and that’s ok! I’m here to help!
- Your outfit should make you feel confident and beautiful! Don’t be afraid to try new things. And remember, if you feel good in what you’re wearing, chances are you’ll look good! So don’t be afraid to experiment and have some fun
- Go bold with color. When it comes to your picture outfit, don’t be afraid of color—fun, colorful outfits make your pictures pop! These pictures will reflect you and your lives, so have fun with your style and show us who you are. Just stick in the same color family (jewel tones, pastels, neutrals, etc ..) , go easy on patterns, stripes and neons plus textural details such as lace, sequins and sheer fabrics that tell a unique story about who you are and what makes you unique. We’ll go over outfit options and ideas with you during your style&design consultation.
- Make sure you’re ready for hair and makeup. Not only is it important that you’re looking good in your photos, it’s also important that we make sure all of our products are prepped and ready to go. This means arriving with clean, dry hair and skin so that our professionals can get you all glammed up for your shoot!
- Bring a prop. Whether you want to bring your favorite hat, a suitcase that tells us where you’re going in life or a special jacket that tells us something about your personality, bringing a prop will make your portraits feel even more personal.
- Don’t for get about the details! Wear cute shoes! This is just a thing of ours: we love to photograph cute shoes! Unique earrings, scarves, and accessories make for fun layers of textures. (Yes, that means you get to go shopping!)
- Hands, hands, hands! This is the perfect excuse to unwind and refresh before your big day! We think natural or classic colors for nails are the most timeless, so don’t be afraid to experiment with something new.
- Your portraits should reflect the beautiful you, inside and out. Let us know what you’re thinking before your shoot! Worried about something in particular? Have a part of yourself you’re still learning to love? Have a particular “look” in mind for your portraits? Let us know! We want your portraits to show you off while you’re looking and feeling your best, so let us know in advance if there’s something extra we can do to make that happen!/